If you want to take your little one running or jogging, a regular stroller just isn’t going to cut it. Jogging strollers are designed to keep your little one safe and comfortable while absorbing the bouncing caused by higher speeds and uneven surfaces. They’re also built to glide across the pavement, which means less work for you. Also, while you might not be able to use a regular stroller for running, a jogging stroller can also double for everyday use, giving your child a comfy and secure ride on any terrain.
We looked at dozens of jogging strollers in order to find the best, highest-quality, smoothest riding jogging stroller at any budget, based on factors such as quality of materials, Amazon ratings, and other considerations. We narrowed our search down to five of the top-rated jogging strollers that are on the market today.
We’ve identified the BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller as the best jogging stroller overall. While it’s a little pricier than some of our stroller picks, it glides along effortlessly thanks to its mountain bike suspension system and air-filled tires. These features, coupled with the fact that it’s extra comfy for kids, make it an excellent choice for smart parents.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Jogging Strollers
|Best Overall||BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller||4.6|
|Runner Up||Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller||4.3|
|Best Budget Buy||Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller||4.3|
|Best All Terrain Stroller||Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller||4.5|
|Best Double Jogging Stroller||BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller||4.6|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller
If you’re looking for a jogging stroller that glides smoothly across all kinds of terrain, look no further than the BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller. The swivel-front wheel can be locked for stability when jogging or left open for easy mobility around the block or on a bumpy trail. The mountain bike suspension system and bicycle air-filled tires provides a smooth ride for both you and baby. Reviewers report that the tires hold air better than some other strollers on the market and even hold up after heavy-duty trail use.
Reviewers also love that the handlebar adjusts to fit any size parent and is easily adjusted when switching between users. They also like the comfortable and ventilated seat and easy-to-use 5-point harness. The also seat easily reclines with just one hand to give little ones a place to nap.
The stroller is compatible with BOB or Britax seats when using the BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter, which is sold separately. The stroller fits all kids from birth to 75 pounds, with a maximum height of 44 inches.
BOB Revolution Flex Jogging Stroller Key Features:
- Swivel-front wheel can be locked for stability
- Air-filled tires
- Mountain bike suspension system
- Adjustable handlebar
- Compatible with BOB and Britax infant car seats
- Fits children from birth to 75 pounds
Our Runner Up: Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
A bit more budget-friendly, but still an amazing option is the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller. It has a high seat that gives kids great visibility while out on your run. It also features a multi-position seat recline for on-the-go naps. The front wheel is a swivel and locks straight when needed for running. Its aluminum frame features shock absorbing suspension. This model also has an added rear axle, which allows for better maneuverability.
Reviewers love that this stroller can fit larger kids, up to 75 pounds. Its light and strong design makes pushing even big kids a breeze. Reviewers even note that they can steer the stroller with just one hand. They also report that you can run at decent speeds without dealing with bothersome vibration. Their kids report that its a smooth and comfortable ride.
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller Key Features:
- Swivel-front wheel can be locked for running
- Rear axle for better maneuverability
- Weights just 25.7 pounds – one of the lightest jogging strollers on the market
- Car seat adjusters (sold separately) allow you attach any car seat
- Fits kids up to 75 pounds
- Shock absorbing suspension smooths out bumps on the road
- Oversized canopy to keep kids in the shade
Our Budget Pick: Baby Trend Expedition Jogging Stroller
At just $92.99, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogging Stroller is the best jogging stroller for budget-friendly parents who don’t want to sacrifice quality for price. It has everything you could want in a jogging stroller, all for less. It features large bicycle tires with a swivel-front tire that can be locked when running or jogging. It has a fully reclining padded seat, a 5-point safety harness, and adjustable canopy to block the sun. The stroller effortlessly folds up for easy storage or transport. It also features an ergonomically shaped rubber handle that is soft and comfortable when pushing the stroller.
Reviewers love how much their kids like riding in this stroller. Its comfy seat, combined with large canopy and oversized bicycle tires all combine to make for a smooth and comfortable ride. Parents report that it effortlessly glides over bumpy terrain, making their jog a breeze.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogging Stroller Key Features:
- Swivel-front tire can be locked for stability or left unlocked for low-speed maneuverability
- Parent console has two cup holders and a covered storage compartment
- Child tray has two cup holders for snacks and drinks
- Perfect for kids from birth through 50 pounds
- Fits Baby Trend car seats (sold separately)
- JPMA certified
Best All-Terrain Stroller: Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogger Stroller
If you’re looking for an all-terrain stroller that’s easy to maneuver on any ground, the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogger Stroller is your best bet. The Thule Urban Glide is perfect for any terrain due to its swivel-front wheel. The wheel can be left unlocked for easy maneuverability across bumpy trails or pavement or it can be locked for the stability required during a high-speed run. It also has heavy-duty suspension that makes for an extra smooth ride. It also features a twist handbrake that can provide speed control on hilly terrain or whenever it picks up too much speed. The comfortable and ergonomic seat features a convenient one-handed recline and 5-point safety harness. It all folds up easily and compact for storage.
Reviewers love how easy the stroller glides during a run. They report that it maneuvers like a dream – even on uneven terrain. Its ergonomic and easily adjustable handlebar is also a big hit as it provides the ultimate in comfort during a run.
Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Jogging Stroller Key Features:
- Swivel-front wheel that can be locked for stability
- Twist handbrake provides speed control on hilly terrain
- 16-inch rear wheels
- Reclining seat
- Multi-position canopy
- Ergonomic, adjustable handlebar
- Large cargo basket with room for all your supplies
Best Double Jogging Stroller: BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogger Stroller
If you’re looking for a double jogging stroller, the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogger Stroller will not disappoint. Its perfect for both on and off road jogging with air-filled tires and a state of the art suspension system that offers three inches of travel or “give” and two stages of support. It has a swivel-locking front tire that swivels to maneuver with ease or locks forward for increased stability when jogging. The stroller also features an ergonomic handlebar that’s easily adjustable for parents of differing heights.
Reviewers love that this stroller makes running with their two kids easier than ever. Their kids are also on board due to the ventilated, padded and ultra comfortable seat. The extra-large UPF 50+ canopy keeps them cool and protected from the sun. The oversized cargo basket provides room for all the supplies, gear, and snacks you could need on any excursion.
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Jogging Stroller Key Features:
- Air-filled tires on high impact polymer wheels
- State of the art suspension system with two stages of weight support
- Fits kids from birth to 50 pounds in each seat
- Can be used with any car seat with the BOB Duallie Infant Car Seat Adapter (sold separately)
- Hand-activated brakes for speed control on downhill slopes
Who Should Buy a Jogging Stroller
New parents need time to exercise, get out in nature, and enjoy the great outdoors, but a regular stroller just doesn’t cut it for jogging or cutting through rough terrain. Your little one can get bounced around due to insufficient suspension and small, wobbly tires. Jogging strollers, on the other hand, makes staying active a breeze. They are specifically designed to glide along smoothly during a run or outdoor excursion. With larger air-filled wheels, wheel suspension, and ergonomic handlebars, they’re made to withstand high speeds and rocky terrain. Just pop your little one in a jogging stroller and go out for a midday run while your little one snoozes away.
Although regular strollers can’t double as a jogging stroller, a jogging stroller can be used almost anywhere. Most feature a swivel tire that makes for easy maneuverability whether on the city streets or out on the trail. Your little one will stay comfy in the ergonomically designed seat while you get your day to day errands done.
Important Features to Consider
A jogging stroller should be well-made and built to meet all safety considerations for your little one. Here’s what to consider when selecting a jogging stroller:
- Double or single stroller? It seems pretty obvious, but if you plan on taking more than one child with you on your run, you’ll need a double stroller. Some parents with one child even decide to plan ahead and purchase a double stroller knowing more children are in the future. If you have more than two children, there are a select few of triple jogging strollers on the market, but the reviews are mixed.
- Swivel or stationary wheel? A jogging stroller with a swivel wheel provides maneuverability across any terrain, while a stationary wheel provides stability during running and jogging. Many jogging strollers on the market today offer the best of both worlds with a swivel wheel that has the option to be locked for stability.
- Safety considerations. Safety is of the utmost concern when it comes to purchasing a jogging stroller. Make sure the stroller you choose has been certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA). The JPMA ensures that all products sold with the certification pass various safety tests and meet the highest standards and regulations.
- Compatibility with an infant car seat. If you want to put your newborn in the stroller, you want to ensure that the stroller is compatible with your infant car seat. Some strollers require car seat adaptors that can be purchased separately. Others are only compatible with certain car seats.
- Adjustable handlebars. If both parents want to use the stroller and are different heights, you might want to look for a stroller that features a handlebar that is easily adjusted. Some strollers have fixed handlebars that assume a standard height, while others can be easily adjusted so that they’re the perfect height for each user.
- Storage capability. If you like to go on long excursions, you’ll want to choose a stroller that has the capability for a lot of storage. Many strollers have under the seat storage, while others also have additional pockets on the side or back for extra storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a jogging stroller?
A jogging stroller is any stroller that can be used for jogging. These types of strollers typically have three air-filled tires, one in the front and two larger tires in the back. They have a wheel suspension system that provides a smooth ride for both you and your baby. They also typically feature ergonomic handlebars to make it easier to push the stroller while running, and a handbrake to control the speed if the stroller picks up too much momentum on downhill slopes.
What’s the difference between a jogging stroller and an all-terrain stroller?
The terms “jogging stroller” and “all-terrain stroller” are used pretty interchangeably these days. An all-terrain stroller has a front wheel that swivels freely to allow for easy maneuverability over bumpy and uneven terrain. Jogging strollers used to have a large fixed front wheel for stability during runs, but over time, manufacturers have changed this design to offer flexibility. The front wheel on most models now can be locked for stability or left unlocked to swivel freely.
When can you put a baby in a jogging stroller?
You shouldn’t begin running with your baby until he is about six months old. At this point, your baby can typically hold his head up sufficiently to sit in the stroller comfortably and withstand some of the minor jostling that occurs during a run. Check with your pediatrician for the final approval before you head out on your first run.
Do you burn more calories running with a stroller?
Running with a stroller absolutely provides a more strenuous workout than running alone. As for exactly how many calories it burns, check out a calorie burning calculator, such as the one at HeathStatus. According to HealthStatus, a 160-pound woman burns 182 calories running at 6 mph for 15 minutes. Pushing a stroller burns 48 calories for the same 15 minutes, for a total of 230 calories.
Other Jogging Strollers We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other jogging strollers. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best jogging stroller list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
The Baby Trend Xcel features large bicycle tires and a front swivel tire that can be locked for stability. It features lightweight rugged steel frame construction and folds effortlessly for storage.
- Recommended for children six months up to 50 pounds
- Weighs 28.8 pounds
- JPMA certified
The Baby Trend Range features hi-impact lightweight composite all-terrain wheels. The front wheel can be locked in place for running and unlocked for strolling across all types of ground.
- Multi-position reclining seat with 5-point harness
- Child tray with two cup holders
- Extra-wide ergonomic handle
With performance shocks and polished wheel ball bearings, the Schwinn stroller effortlessly glides over all terrain. It features premium seat cushioning and a padded strap to provide extra comfort for your little one.
- Lockable swivel wheel can be used for jogging or all-terrain strolling
- Extra-large canopy with UPF 50+
- Parent tray has cup holders and the under-the-seat basket provides extra room for storage
This stylish and sporty stroller features 16-inch rear bicycle tires with a front swivel wheel. It features a convenient parent cup holder and removable child bumper bar.
- Compatible with Baby Trend infant car seats
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Large storage basket
The Chicco TRE conveniently offers two suspension choices: a soft ride for easy strolling and a more firm ride for jogging. It has 16-inch pneumatic rear tires and a hand-operated deceleration brake for easy speed control.
- Three folding configurations: self-standing for the garage, flat fold for the trunk, and more compact fold for storage
- The fabric is water repellent, durable, and wipeable for easy cleaning
- Fits children from six months through 50 pounds
A comfortable and stylish ride, the J is for Jeep stroller offers a five-point harness with padded shoulder straps and a multi-position reclining seat. The foam comfort handlebar and lightweight design make it a breeze to run with.
- Extremely lightweight at just 21 pounds
- Folds quickly and compactly for easy storage
- JPMA certified
The Graco RoadMaster features all of the comfort and convenience of a jogging stroller, but with a more compact feel. It also folds down 20% more compact than other Graco jogging strollers, making it easy to take with you on-the-go.
- Accepts all Graco infant car seats
- One-hand fold for the ultimate in convenience
- Fits children from birth up to 50 pounds
An incredibly lightweight and durable stroller, the BOB Rambler features 12-inch air-filled tires on polymer wheels. The front wheel swivels for maneuverability for locks for stability on a run.
- Mountain bike suspension features three inches of travel
- Extra-large canopy blocks the sun
- Sturdy aluminum frame only weighs 25 pounds
The Bumbleride features three-speed steering system: a partial swivel mode for curved paths, locked forward for high-speed running, and unlocked mode for everyday strolling.
- Adjustable TPR handling
- Non-toxic, fabric made from recycled water bottles
- Front and rear wheel suspension
Lightweight, yet durable, the Costzon stroller features air-filled rubber tires and suspension for a smooth ride on any terrain.
- Extra-large canopy allows your child to ride protected from the sunlight
- Parent’s tray includes storage and two cup holders
- Deluxe padded seat for your child’s comfort
The Burley jogging stroller features a one-handed fold. The patent-pending S.I.T. Seat system prevents tangled straps and makes it simple to take your little one in and out of the stroller.
- Comes in three colors
- Extra-large cargo basket underneath the seat
- Extendable padded handlebar for parents of all heights
The Graco Modes stroller features five ways to ride: with an infant car seat facing mom or the world, stroller seat facing parent or the world, or traditional travel system.
- Extra-large UV50 rated canopy with breathable mesh
- One-hand standing fold
- Air-filled rubber tires, suspension, and a safety tether
The Mountain Buggy Terrain features two sets of wheels, 16-inch tires to handle all types of terrain and 12-inch tires for an urban environment. It also features a three-position swivel lock front wheel.
- One-hand squeeze control brake
- Shock absorbing suspension
- Water resistant fabric makes cleanup a breeze
The Baby Trend Falcon features a sleek chrome frame with dual chrome suspension. It has large bicycle tires and a front swivel wheel that can be unlocked for maneuverability or locked for stability.
- Removable bumper bar
- Mutli-position padded seat
- Parent tray has two cup holders and a storage compartment
Double Jogging Stroller
This double stroller fits two kids up to 50 pounds each. It features all-terrain pneumatic rubber bicycle tires for running, jogging on the trail, or just strolling around town.
- Foot-activated rear brake
- Large storage basket and covered storage compartment
- Multi-position seat recline and five-point harness
The Baby Trend Navigator features two front wheels for better maneuverability. It also comes equipped with an MP3 plugin and speakers so you and your babies can enjoy music while out on a run.
- Accommodates two Baby Trend car seats
- Multi-position reclining seats
- Pneumatic bicycle tires
The Summit X3 features exceptional performance and maneuverability. It is equipped with a remote swivel wheel lock that is mounted on the handlebar so you can change it on the go.
- Hand operated rear drum brakes
- All-wheel independent suspension system
- Large sun canopy
The Baby Trend Navigator Lite stroller is a sturdy, lightweight double jogging stroller that’s certified by the JPMA. It has a front swivel wheel that allows you to lock the front wheel in place while jogging.
- Ratcheting shade canopy
- Composite tires
- Fits two children up to 50 pounds each
An all-terrain stroller with a sleek design, the Thule Urban Glide double jogger stroller has a locking swivel front wheel. It features a one-handed compact fold for easy storage and transport.
- Integrated twist handbrake provides speed control
- Five-point child harness
- Multi-position canopy
The phil&teds stroller is an inline double stroller that’s ideal for parents who are short on space. It features a one-hand fold that makes storage a breeze.
- 12-inch air tires
- Compatible with one or two infant car seats (adapters sold separately)
- 5-point harness with one-touch release